Friday, October 10, 2014

Hair.

Hello,

Today's entry is all about HAIR DYE. So for all of those crazy, hardcore hair dye fans out there.. This is my story.

I have had plenty amount of hair dye experience since my high school years and to be honest, i never go to the saloon to get it done. I would much rather prefer to do it myself because its cheaper. 

Whether its drug store brand or the ones can be found in cheap saloon shop, i have tried it all. 

I used to pick a more subtle color like the many shades of brown but just recently, i decided to "why not be bold?"

My first attempt was a color called Indian Red. Its a great and easy success. But.. I did it without bleaching my hair. Why? Because i don't want to. Easy as that. 

Here is a photo proof : 


Indian red.

Oh, but then i got bored :


Purpblu.

And then, when i did my usual touch ups because, note that these kind of hair dyes don't lasts very long even when you bleached it. Unless if you don't wash your hair for weeks. 

It kinda became : 


Blue. 

So this is the exact color of my hair now, depending on the lighting of course. In photos, sometimes it looks like its Black so that kinda disappoints me a lot. BUT, the perks of dying your hair on your own is that you can fix it whenever you like so.. Yay! 

I have a lot of friends asking me the same questions about my hair, for example : "does you hair feels dry?" "how did you do it?" etc, so down below i'll include some of the FAQ's and hopefully it'll help you guys okay? 

But if there's a question you wanted to ask, feel free to drop a comment down below or maybe you can consult with your usual hair dresser as my advice over here is a non professional thing and 100% based on my personal experience.. So.. Whatever floats your boat.

FAQ's :

Does your hair feels dry?
Not really though. Just make sure to use suitable conditioner and shampoo and also, use hair serum or organic hair oil to moisturized your hair. 

I use Tresemme Color Protection conditioner, Head & Shoulder Eucalyptus shampoo and a hair serum thingy i bought at the usual drug store like Watsons and Guardians but i kinda forgot the name of the product, sorry! 

Where did you bought your hair dye?
Level 3, Sungei Wang Plaza which was introduced by a friend named Faiqa, that one is for the bold colors and for the subtle colored ones i usually just use drug store brands like Liese hair dye shampoo and Revlon.

Oh and also, you can find people selling Manic Panic online or on Instagram. Never tried one, but its a popular hair dye brand that people use, including Demi Lovato. So.. Why not give it a go? 

Did you bleached your hair?
No, never.

What are the tools that you used when you dye your hair?
Don't know the names but you can defintely get it super cheap at Level 3, Sungei Wang Plaza. There are a lot of hair/saloon esque shops, feel free to browse one by one. 

How cheap is cheap when you decided to dye your own hair?
Nothing more than RM50 overall. 

Yours Truly, x. 

(Can't really remember any other FAQ's, sorry!) 



No comments: